It takes approx. 3 minutes to read this article
When caring for our hair, we often try to avoid products containing artificial ingredients. Essential oils come from plants and are obtained by extraction – distillation or evaporation. They are best known for their aromatic properties. They are also beneficial to health. They contain a lot of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Some of them improve the condition of the scalp and hair, promote their growth or add volume and shine. To get the desired effect, you need to choose the right products for your individual needs.
Be sure to use natural, organic oils with no chemical additives or ingredients. When it comes to application, use a small amount of oil. There is one universal rule: mix a few drops of essential oil with two to three tablespoons of carrier oil. You can use olive oil or coconut oil. Massage the mixture into your scalp and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. After each treatment, wash your hair thoroughly with a mild shampoo. Perform them no more than two to three times a week.
- Peppermint oil – increases circulation in the area to which it was applied. So, a moment after application you may feel a delicate tingling. It promotes hair growth.
- Lavender oil – is known for its anti-stress properties so we like to add a few drops to our evening bath. It promotes hair growth and improves the scalp thanks to its antibacterial properties.
- Tea tree oil – it thoroughly cleanses the scalp of extra oil, dead skin cells and the remains of skin care products. It also alleviates cases of skin ailments such as eczema.
- Oil of ylang ylang – if you have a problem with dry hair, this oil will work for you. It prevents hair breakage by moisturizing it and making it soft. It smoothes the hair and stimulates the scalp to produce sebum, a natural layer that protects the hair.
- Bergamot oil – when you feel that your hair lacks shine, this oil will give it the desired shine. It refreshes the appearance of hair, strengthens hair follicles and promotes hair growth.
- Cedar oil – is noted for its cleansing properties and improving scalp circulation. It can help reduce hair loss. It helps to increase hair volume. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties which help fight dandruff
- Orange oil – is rich in vitamin C. It has a salutary effect on dry scalp. You can combine it with honey, applying such a concoction topically restores skin hydration and balances the ph level of the skin. Plus, it smells insanely good!
Read also: This iconic hair oil is a Hollywood celebrity favourite
Main photo: Mikhail Nilov/ pexels.com